Native American tribes are now emerging from centuries of indifferent, hostile, and complex regulation by outside authorities. Native Tribes are recovering self-determination, and developing tribal sovereignty. Tribal governments must deal with complex legal issues, caused by economic development, tribal politics, and cultural expression, as well as legal and policy issues caused by interactions with non-tribal members, businesses and government.
We have extensive experience with all kinds of private business transactions. We deeply appreciate the opportunity to continue to bring this experience to our work as General Counsel to the Tribes.
The legal system provides information on the law, but even more important are the teachings and opinions of the Tribes and themselves. We listen to tribal voices, increasing our knowledge and experience, assisting tribal government and facilitating tribal interaction with outsiders.
Our Coachella Valley tribal attorneys assist the Tribes with a wide variety of issues.
- Help secure passage of legislation
- Assisted Tribes with many business transactions
- Helped the Tribes with labor and employment issues
- We have advised governments at many levels for decades, and used that experience to help create tribal rules, and codes, including rules for trial and appellate court.
- We used our business law experience, to help the Tribes create new enterprises for economic development.
Call us at (760) 322-2275 for a free consultation or more information.