Marc E. Empey
Palm Springs Mergers and Acquisitions Firms
Slovak Baron Empey Murphy & Pinkney LLP
1800 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
Marc E. Empey is a broadly experienced merger and acquisition attorney having completed more than 600 transactions covering 20 different states. Mr. Empey has provided counsel to buy-side and sell-side individuals, families and publicly-held companies. Over the past 37 years Mr. Empey has been instrumental in obtaining difficult governmental approvals and successfully contracting with governmental agencies. He has made hundreds of appearances before numerous cities, counties and other governmental agencies and has assisted a number of public companies develop standardized multi-state agreements and checklists.
The following are examples of matters that Marc has handled:
- Continued representation of a Fortune 200 company in its acquisitions in the Western United States.
- Represented a publicly held coffee store company in developing standard form real estate purchase agreements, leases and tenant improvement agreements for use in acquiring sites throughout the United States.
- Represented a publicly held real estate company in the acquisition, entitlement and development of subdivision of nearly 5,000 homes.
- Represented a Texas bank in foreclosing on its California real estate, securing entitlements and remarketing the property.
- Mergers & Acquisitions Roundtable, California Lawyer, March 2012
TEACHING AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Adjunct Professor, University of Southern California-Gould School of Law-Law 658 Mergers and Acquisitions
- University of California, Riverside, Real Estate Investing
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D. (1984)
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., cum laude (1979)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- United States District Courts, California
- United States Tax Court
- District of Columbia
- New York
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
- The State Bars of California, District of Columbia, Texas, New York and Washington
- California Real Estate Brokers License
- American Bar Association-Mergers and Acquisitions Committee