Chelsea M. Healey
Slovak Baron Empey Murphy & Pinkney LLP
1800 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
Chelsea M. Healey is an associate attorney practicing in the areas of civil litigation, probate and trust administration, estate planning, conservatorships, and public agency and municipal law.
Ms. Healey regularly advises clients on newly chaptered legislation and complex laws impacting public agencies. She has also successfully assisted in numerous probate and trust administration matters. While at the firm, she has worked on behalf of private citizens, municipalities, and Indian Tribes on complex civil litigation matters.
During law school, Ms. Healey was a recipient of several prestigious awards, which included two Dean’s Certificates of Achievement awards for Legal Communication and Research I and the Investor Rights Clinic; two CALI Excellence for the Future awards for Legal Communication and Research II and the Investor Rights Clinic; the American Board of Trial Advocates Award (ABOTA) for being the top 3L civil litigator in the law school’s nationally-recognized Litigation Skills Program; and the H.O.P.E Pro Bono Challenge Award. Additionally, Ms. Healey was selected as a Writing Dean’s Fellow, a H.O.P.E Summer Public Interest Fellow, and as a Research Assistant to the Chair of the law school’s Legal Communication and Research Department.
- 10 To Do Items for Success in Law School, The National Jurist, September 2015
- University of San Diego, B.B.A., Business Administration (2013)
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude (2016)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- California State Bar (2016)
- United States District Court, Central District of California (2017)
AFFILIATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
- The State Bar of California
- Desert Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- California Young Lawyers Association
- California State Bar Trust and Estate Section
- Palm Desert Chamber of Commerce
- Desert Estate Planning Council