Slovak Baron Empey Murphy & Pinkney LLP
1800 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
Lena D. Wade is of counsel with Slovak Baron Empey Murphy & Pinkney LLP, practicing primarily in the areas of municipal & redevelopment law and civil litigation. Ms. Wade has been a licensed attorney since 1997, having practiced in North Carolina and California. She provides legal counsel to cities and other local governmental agencies and has served as general counsel to several large public housing authorities.
Lena offers a wide range of services to clients, including drafting and interpreting ordinances and resolutions, services agreements, lease agreements, disposition and development agreements, conveyance documents, and statutory development agreements. She frequently advises public agency clients on the intricacies of the Brown Act, the Political Reform Act and the Public Records Act. Lena also has developed civil litigation expertise having represented private and public clients in debt collection, tax foreclosure, products liability, and personal injury defense matters. She has developed a unique practice of representing Native American Tribes in personal injury defense cases which present unique challenges of navigating Tribal laws and practicing in Tribal Court.
Lena is a board member of and active volunteer for the YMCA of the Desert and Knowledge, Education for Your Success, Inc.
- Duke University School of Law, Durham, NC, Juris Doctor (1997)
- Duke University Graduate School, Durham, NC, M.A., Economics (1997)
- Spelman College, Atlanta, GA, B.A., Economics, summa cum laude (1994)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- California Bar (2008)
- North Carolina Bar (1997)
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
- The State Bar of California
- Riverside County Bar
- Desert Bar Association
- Leadership Coachella Valley, Class of 2010
- Leadership Durham, Class of 1998
- YMCA of the Desert, Director
- Knowledge, Education for Your Success, Inc., Director
- Durham Literacy Counsel, Former Director
Contact Our Palm Springs Government Legal Counsel
Contact SBEMP’s Palm Springs government legal counsel, Lena Wade, at (760) 322-2275 to schedule a consultation.