Slovak Baron Empey Murphy & Pinkney LLP
1800 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
Katelyn K. Empey is an associate attorney in Slovak Baron Empey Murphy & Pinkney LLP’s (SBEMP) civil litigation department. Ms. Empey’s practice encompasses a wide variety of matters, including environmental, land use, Native American, labor and employment, and public agency law. Ms. Empey has experience in the areas of CEQA litigation and compliance, and has successfully represented clients in resolving complex CEQA disputes.
Ms. Empey regularly advises clients on the complex laws impacting public agencies, including environmental laws and regulations, medical marijuana law, Proposition 218 and 26, statutory powers, and public contracts. She has also worked on a variety of cases in the firm’s civil litigation practice, including election contests, employment law, personal injury, and Indian Tribal disputes.
Ms. Empey has also successfully assisted in estate administration and conservatorship matters. While at SBEMP, Katelyn has worked on behalf of law enforcement, public agencies, Indian Tribes, and private citizens on complex civil litigation.
University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A., Business Economics, cum laude (2009)
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, J.D., concentration in Environmental Law (2013)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE:
- California State Bar (2013)
- United States District Court, Central District of California (2013)
- United States District Court, Southern District of California (2017)
- United States District Court, Northern District of California (2017)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California (2017)
AFFILIATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
- The State Bar of California
- Desert Bar Association
- Warren Slaughter-Richard Roemer Inn of Court
- Leadership Coachella Valley, Class of 2015
- Leadership Coachella Valley Alumni Council