Slovak Baron Empey Murphy & Pinkney LLP
1800 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
Brent S. Clemmer is a trial attorney and partner with Slovak Baron Empey Murphy & Pinkney LLP. Currently, Brent’s practice is primarily complex civil litigation with an emphasis in banking, real estate disputes, construction law, eminent domain and employment law matters. He has represented various financial institutions, commercial banks and other clients in state, federal and bankruptcy courts throughout California. Brent also has extensive experience in the prosecution and defense of medical malpractice, legal malpractice, insurance bad faith and wage and hour class action cases.
The following are a few examples of matters that Brent has handled:
- Part of a legal team that obtained a post class certification settlement of $11 million dollars in a wage and hour class action lawsuit against a national furniture chain;
- Part of a legal team that obtained a $6.8 million dollar settlement in a wage and hour class action lawsuit against a Big Box Retailer;
- Part of a legal team that obtained a $6.5 million dollar settlement in a wage and hour class action lawsuit against a National Pharmacy Chain;
- Obtained a post class certification settlement of approximately $1 million dollars for fourteen class members in a wage and hour class action lawsuit against a labor union;
- Obtained a $5.7 million dollar settlement for a business owner in an eminent domain matter. Prior to retention, the business owner was offered less than $2 million dollars;
- Obtained $3.2 million dollars for a land owner in an eminent domain case filed by a school district that originally offered the land owner only $885,000.00;
- Obtained a $1.1 million dollar Federal Court Judgment in a commercial dispute against a former professional basketball player;
- Successfully represented a famous performing artist and entertainer in the prosecution of a breach of contract claim which resulted in a large confidential settlement in his favor;
- Represented a prominent Los Angeles attorney in the defense of a legal malpractice action and obtained a defense verdict in his favor;
- Successfully represented owners/developers, general contractors and subcontractors in mechanic’s lien and bond claims for all types of projects, including large residential and commercial developments;
- Represented a large healthcare company in managed care reimbursement and contracting matters against several different insurance companies;
- Represented multi hospital health systems in the defense of medical malpractice, employment and personal injury actions.
- Southwestern University School of Law, J.D. (1995)
- University of California at Santa Barbara, B.A. (1992)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- California State Bar (1995)
- United States District Court, Central District of California (1995)
- Supreme Court of the State of California (1995)
- Former Judicial Extern for the Honorable Kathleen T. Lax, United States Bankruptcy
- Court for the Central District of California
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- Desert Bar Association
Contact Our Palm Springs Commercial Litigation Attorney
Contact our Palm Springs commercial litigation attorney, Brent Clemmer, to schedule a consultation to discuss your case.
Call us at (760) 322-2275 to set up a time for your consultation.