By Marc Empey
When having a commercial dispute, it would be good to have a playbook that would show you how to prevail in a dispute. The following are tips on how to win in a dispute:
1. You cannot beat your opponent by forcing them into a settlement. Using alternative dispute resolution services is one of the best ways to resolve the disagreement before litigation.
2. Everybody should be clear on the strategy for the negotiation and be able to implement it during the mediation.
3. You should know the strengths and weaknesses of the mediation. It will make it easier for you to get what you want from the mediator.
4. You should have legal attorney as part of your negotiation. They will make sure that you know what the legal repercussions of the mediation are, whether it goes your way or not.
5. You should know who has the authority to determine the final settlement. Is it you or somebody on the negotiating team? By knowing this, you can make sure that there is no confusion about who is in charge and who speaks for the team.
If you don’t feel these tips are enough to help you in a dispute, contact SBEMP because we specialize in helping people with commercial disputes. In San Diego, there we have offices for San Diego commercial dispute mediation law firm, as well in other cities that can help you win a commercial disagreement.