13 Lawyers from SBEMP Selected to Appear
on Palm Springs Life 2018 Top Lawyers List
Palm Springs Life has announced 13 of our attorneys will appear on the magazine’s “2018 Top Lawyers” list. The attorneys and their respective categories are as follows:
- Thomas Slovak – Eminent Domain and Commercial Litigation
- David Baron – Arbitration and Mediation
- Marc Empey – Business Law, Banking and Financial
- Shaun Murphy – Civil Trial
- John Pinkney – Government and Administrative
- Brent Clemmer – Commercial Litigation
- Valerie Powers Smith – Wills, Trusts and Estates
- Lena Wade – Government and Administrative
- Vee Sotelo – Labor and Employment
- Charles Gallagher – Appellate Law
- Robert Patterson – Real Estate
- Wendy Dowse – Appellate Law
- Katelyn Empey – Land Use and Environment
In releasing the 2018 list, the magazine said “Legal issues often come without warning or preamble. One minute you’re making daisy chains and the next minute you’re gripped by a legal crisis–induced panic attack. Unless you’re fortunate enough to have been associated with the same legal firm for most of your adult life, you’re going to have to start your search on the internet or with the advice and experience of friends. Neither may be of much help when searching for an attorney whose expertise precisely fits your legal needs.”
Palm Springs Life worked with DataJoe, a Colorado-based research organization that specializes in legal peer reviews, in order to determine which attorneys are held in the highest esteem by their fellow professionals. It then took the results of DataJoe’s extensive survey, compared and integrated the selection with its own research to create its Top Lawyer list.
“While no list of this kind can ever be perfect, we have worked and researched and fact-checked diligently to make sure that every attorney on the following pages is one of the top professionals in their field. We feel confident that if any of our readers contact any of the lawyers on our list, they will be the recipients of expert and trustworthy legal advice,” the magazine said.
Founded in 1994, Slovak Baron Empey Murphy & Pinkney is the largest law firm in the Coachella Valley, with branch offices in Costa Mesa and San Diego; Princeton, New Jersey; and Manhattan, New York. The founding members were partners in the largest law firm in the Inland Empire, each with over 15 years of experience and a proven track record of substantial success.