Marc E. Empey
Slovak Baron Empey Murphy & Pinkney LLP
1800 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
Marc E. Empey is a broadly experienced merger and acquisition attorney having completed more than 500 transactions covering 20 different states. Mr. Empey has provided counsel to individuals, families and publicly-held companies. Over the past 25 years Mr. Empey has been instrumental in obtaining difficult governmental approvals and successfully contracting with governmental agencies. He has made hundreds of appearances before numerous cities, counties and other governmental agencies and has assisted a number of public companies develop standardized multi-state agreements and checklists.
Mr. Empey’s zoning, planning and land use practice involves advising public and private clients on a wide variety of zoning, planning and land use matters, including the development and implementation of general and specific plans, general and specific plan amendments, zone changes, subdivisions, conditional use permits, variances, design review applications and other planning entitlements. He is an adjunct professor at University of California at Riverside where he has lectured in financial planning and real estate investment. He has been counsel to a wide range of lenders and developers and completed hundreds of loan transactions.
The following are examples of matters that Marc has handled:
- Represented a publically held waste company in a $200 million acquisition of a large privately held company.
- Represented a publically held coffee store company in developing standard form real estate purchase agreements, leases and tenant improvement agreements for use in acquiring sites throughout the United States.
- Represented a publically held real estate company in the acquisition, entitlement and development of subdivision of nearly 5,000 homes.
- Represented a publically held company in completing a $100 million CPCFA financing.
- Represented a publically held water industry company negotiate severance agreements with senior management
- Represented a private oil company in the sale of its assets to regional buyer.
- Represented a Texas bank in foreclosing on its California real estate, securing entitlements and remarketing the property.
- Mergers & Acquisitions Roundtable, California Lawyer, March 2012
TEACHING AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- University of California, Riverside, Adjunct Professor, Real Estate Investing (1987)
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D. (1984)
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., cum laude (1979)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- California Bar
- United States District Courts, California
- United States Tax Court
- District of Columbia
- New York
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
- The State Bars of California, District of Columbia, Texas and New York
- Desert Bar Association
- California Real Estate Brokers License
See more of our experience as a Palm Springs mergers and acquisitions firm and call us at 760-322-2275 for a consultation.