Slovak Baron Empey Murphy & Pinkney LLP
1800 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, California 92262
Charles L. Gallagher is a litigation attorney and associate with Slovak Baron Empey Murphy & Pinkney LLP. Currently, Mr. Gallagher’s practice is primarily complex civil litigation (contracts, real estate, municipal law/compliance and probate litigation). In the last three years, Mr. Gallagher has successfully prosecuted and defended actions on behalf of several commercial clients in a broad range of actions including breach of contract, fraud, land use and regulatory compliance.
Over the years, Mr. Gallagher has represented individuals and companies on a wide variety of issues, including unfair competition, trade secrets, banking and financial services, commercial foreclosures, fraud claims, construction disputes, boundary disputes, and contractual rights and obligations. In addition to an extensive law and motion practice, Mr. Gallagher was awarded an American Jurisprudence award in Constitutional Law: Federalism while in law school.
The following are examples of matters that Mr. Gallagher has handled:
- Successfully defended one of the leading Canadian commercial real estate financing companies in a breach of contract, fraud, and usury action related to the development of a two-hundred plus housing project in California.
- Successfully defended commercial real estate lending institutions in several breach of contract and commercial development foreclosure actions.
- Worked closely with attorney Shaun M. Murphy in the successful defense of one of the largest waste industry companies and its subsidiaries in a breach of contract and fraud action related to the processing of recyclable materials.
- Successfully defended several judgments in favor of clients at the California Court of Appeals.
- Prosecuted a successful appeal involving complex real property title and easement issues and resulting in one of only a handful of judgments setting aside a real property tax foreclosure sale.
- Part of litigation team successfully prosecuting multi-million dollar probate litigation involving complex will and trust contest issues.
- Negotiated favorable settlements for clients in three government state regulatory actions involving land and water use issues.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D. (1993)
- Manhattan School of Music, Bachelor of Arts, (1984)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- California Supreme Court (1993)
- United States District Court, Central District, California (1993)
- State Bar of California
- Desert Bar Association